After almost a year of the launch of the iPhone 13, Apple presented this Wednesday its new innovations in mobile devices, including the iPhone 14.
At the “Far Out” event, the company led by Tim Cook focused his shots on three popular devices: Apple Watch, AirPods, and iPhone. The latter is still Apple’s flagship product, so, to honor the saying “the best for last”, the presentation of the iPhone 14 came almost at the end of the event.
The new line 14 of Apple phones will have four models: iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. On this occasion, Apple got rid of its cheapest iPhone, the mini, so that it does not compete with the sales of the iPhone SE.
How do the new models compare to those introduced last year? We tell you.
iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13
- The iPhone 14 it has a 6.1-inch screen; the iPhone 14 Plus, a 6.7-inch.
- The iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max have a 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screen, respectively.
- Both the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro have a 6.1-inch screen; the 13 Pro Max goes up to 6.7 inches.
- iPhone 14 and 14 Plus: Starting at $799 and $899, respectively.
- iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max: Starting at $999 and $1,099, respectively.
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max: Starting at $799, $999, and $1,099, respectively.
- iPhone 14 and 14 Plus: system of two cameras, wide angle and ultra wide angle, of 12 MP each. Unlike last year’s models, the 14’s wide-angle has a larger sensor to capture 49% more light.
- iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max: one camera 48MP wide angle with up to 4x higher resolution; 12 MP ultra wide angle; and 12 MP 2x and 3x telephoto.
- iPhone 13: system of two 12 MP cameras, one wide angle and one ultra wide angle.
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max: 12 MP Pro triple camera system (telephoto, wide angle and ultra wide angle).
- iPhone 14 and 14 Plus: A15 Bionic chip; 6-core CPU with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores; 5-core GPU; and 16-core Neural Engine.
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max: A16 Bionic chip; 6-core CPU with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
5-core GPU; and 16-core Neural Engine.
- iPhone 13: A15 Bionic; 6-core CPU with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores; 4-core GPU; and 16-core Neural Engine.
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max: Everything the same as the iPhone 13, except that the GPU is 5 cores.
Video playback for battery comparison:
- Up to 20 hours on iPhone 14 and up to 26 hours on iPhone 14 Plus.
- Up to 23 hours on iPhone 14 Pro and up to 29 hours on 14 Pro Max.
- Up to 19 hours on iPhone 13, up to 22 hours on 13 Pro, and up to 28 hours on 13 Pro Max.
- iOS 15 for models in the iPhone 13 line.
- iOS 16 for the entire line of iPhone 14.
The ‘hated’ notch:
- The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models will be “notch free“. This had been one of the most requested things by Apple users.