Equestrian Australia has named the combinations selected to represent Australia at the FEI Eventing World Championships to be held in Pratoni, Italy, Sept. 15-18.
A squad of five team combinations and three reserve combinations has been selected in accordance with the National Eventing Selection Policy.
At or before the first horse inspection at the FEI World Championships, the National Eventing Selection Panel, in consultation with the chef d’equipe, will select four team combinations and one individual combination from the squad list below.
The combinations, in alphabetical order, are:
- Andrew Hoy and Vassily De Lassos, owned by Paula and David Evans and groomed by Clémentine Girardeau
- Shenae Lowings and Bold Venture, owned by the rider and groomed by Olivia Barton
- Kevin McNab and Scuderia 1918 Don Quidam, owned by Scuderia 1918 and Emma McNab or Willunga, owned by Samia Murgian and Emma McNab and groomed by Lucy Hartley
- Shane Rose and Virgil, owned by Niki Rose and Michelle Hasibar and groomed by Jamie Atkinson
- Hazel Shannon and Willingapark Clifford, owned by Terry Snow and groomed by Bronte Buttel
- Sammi Birch and Finduss PFB, owned by Parkfield Breeding and groomed by Helen Tagg
- Sam Lyle and BF Valour, owned by Charlotte Mavris and groomed by Natalya Bretherton
- Jessica Rae and Fifth Avenue, owned by the rider and groomed by Laura Munt
- * Shane Rose and Easy Turn, owned by Angela Shacklady and Niki Rose and groomed by Jamie Atkinson (Rose has been selected on his first horse Virgil)